Responsible for the operation of a section within the Warehouse function. Supporting the Management Team with the day-to-day operation of the warehouse, responsible for a group of operators and ensuring an efficient warehouse operation in achieving business targets.
Provide line management to the team, coordinating their workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets, KPIs, and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer.
Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, whilst fostering a culture of working safely. The ideal candidate must be driven and want progression throughout DSV
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets
- Train new Warehouse operatives within area of responsibility
- Ensure inventories in area of responsibility are accurate
- Ensure stock movements are recorded accurately
- Support organising and participate in stock takes at regular intervals
- Ensure that any computerised or automated systems are accurate and up to date
- Identify any systems improvements and make recommendations for change
- Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse.
- Produce regular reports and statistics as and when required
- Assist in planning future capacity requirements
- Ensure that health and safety meet the required standards
- Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of products and materials is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
- Ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose
- Maintain high standards of security in the warehouse
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency
- The Team Leader will also be expected to act up for management to cover leave and absence.
- Manage time and attendance for operatives within area of responsibility and support supervisor with people management issues
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets and operational requirements
- Report progress updates, key achievements and any concerns to the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager Relationship Management
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies as and when required in a timely way
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Proactively contributes to the team and actively committed to team’s development
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
- Take part in grievance and disciplinary hearings
- Monitor performance and absence and carry out return to works and conduct welfare meetings.
- Team Leader skills with the ability to motivate, develop and supervise others
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and databases and a knowledge of warehouse systems
- Analytical and numerical
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail skills
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- GCSEs Level A-C, NVQ Level 2,
- An appropriate warehousing qualification would be advantageous
- Certified in: Dangerous Goods Handling
- A supervisory qualification would also be beneficial
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Team Leader with experience of supervising and motivating a team
- A good working knowledge of health and safety and security requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of lean techniques may be advantageous
- Fork Lift Truck license required
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.