- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures.
- Conduct regular 5s audits to ensure high standards are maintained and improvement areas are proactively addressed.
- Monitor and correct at-risk behaviours.
- Recognize and reward positive behaviours.
- Comply with SLI safety standards and PIT equipment safe operating practices.
- Submit complete and accurate incident reports identifying root cause and corrective actions needed in a timely fashion for all safety and quality/service related incidents.
- Select, place, and train staff and define specific job assignments.
- Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met. * Maintain and implement plans to maintain productivity, safety standards, quality, cost control, and employee morale.
- Recognize and reward employee efforts that support plan.
- Develop improvement plans during the focal review process.
- Review each individual’s performance at least twice yearly for progress against focal plan.
- Initiate needed disciplinary action in a timely fashion.
- Plan, manage and control day to day operations for assigned groups or functional areas.
- Implement and evaluate policies, procedures, and practices relating to the operation.
- Verify process compliance through work audits.
- Trend and report on volumetric data for assigned area(s) to assist in labour planning decisions.
- This is a supervisory position.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Generally prefer 2+ years of related supervisory experience.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ St. Louis