As a Warehouse Supervisor with our Contract Logistics Group, you’ll have the ability to impact the success of our customers. This individual is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers concerned with receiving, storing, transporting, shipping, transloading and inventory of products.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites work flow. Revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities and availability or capability of workers and equipment.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures. Distributes paperwork for product to be picked or processed. Answers questions regarding pick lists, bills of lading and bin replenishment.
- Advises employees on care of goods received, stored, and shipped; proper use of equipment; and related problems.
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety; maintains clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors and/or managers to determine timetable required to ensure product is shipped on a timely basis.
- Confers with supervisor and other department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on the timely shipping of customers’ product. Confers with other department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities.
- Contacts carriers by phone in regards to pick up schedules, follow-ups.
- Coordinates the work flow required by staffing agency associates working in assigned area by checking them in and out at appropriate time, demonstrating to them what tasks have to be done and how they are to be accomplished. Monitors and evaluates individual work performance and makes recommendations to determine continued temporary work or consideration for employment.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities according to the organization’s management policies, procedures and any applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years of related experience as a warehouse supervisor and/or lead.
- Results oriented with solid organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and operate equipment such as forklift , hand jack etc.
- Familiarity with Excel Spreadsheets and Warehouse/Yard Management Systems preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short &
- Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.