The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the receiving, shipping and distribution functions of the warehouse found at the Branch location. This individual will report directly to the Warehouse Manager and manages the daily operations of the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the handling and physical movement of freight as required.
- Responsible for CFS and bonded operating areas.
- Implements work instructions for receiving; labeling, storing, shipping and value add services as required using warehouse best practices.
- Responsible for the secure and space-optimizing build-up of cargo onto ULDs
- Responsible for ensuring all warehouse activities are in compliance with TSA and C-TAPT regulations
- Understands KPI and SOP requirements and ensures compliance.
- Ensure timely receipt and shipment of all customer products to meet each customer’s requirements.
- Maximize the storage capacity of the warehouse through the proper management of the product at receipt and during storage.
- Responsible for solving problems for both internal and external customers
- Works with warehouse manager and freight forwarding teams to identify areas to improve/enhance overall service to the Client
- Exercises the authority to hire, discipline, reward or discharge employees
- Responsible for training employees.
- Responsible for the security of the warehouse.
- Ensures safety is a number one consideration on the warehouse floor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years of warehouse experience in a forwarding environment required
- 2+ year of management experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of Quality Management (i.e. TQM, Six Sigma, lean) preferred
- Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, TSA Security, customs regulations and compliance, OSHA, forklift certification and training along with warehousing shipping and receiving is highly preferred.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in theUnited States
- Demonstrated warehouse management skills
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Strives and identifies areas where we can improve service
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.