Warehouse Operators – Humble – USA
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Perform daily activities for an assigned shift or within an assigned area or function.
- Adhere to specific warehouse work instructions for receiving, labelling, storing, shipping and value-add services, as required, and in accordance to DSV Air & Sea standard policies and procedures.
- Meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, quality, leadership, and customer service.
- Work with the supervisor, warehouse manager and freight forwarding teams to identify areas to improve/enhance overall service to the client.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move products to the correct destination.
- Efficiently stage, stack and load the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or unloading areas into the correct load door and the assigned trailer.
- Ensure that the trailer is secured and chocked prior to entering the trailer in accordance to the safety polices.
- Loads/Unloads product correctly using the appropriate handling techniques.
- Segregate, check and stage inbound product correctly.
- Verify the driver, trailer, and bills match the carrier and destination.
- Count freight with the driver and ensure all requirements are followed. Load the trailer for safe transit and ensure the driver signs all required paperwork.
- Perform all Forklift activities as required.
- Perform labelling, sorting, wrapping, packing and repacking as needed
- Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
- Accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area and assist in security of the warehouse.
- Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, Pharmaceutical Regulations, TSA Regulations, US Customs Regulations and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
- Help train new or transferred employees in the day-to-day activities, if necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ensures that Core Operational Processes are meeting targeted service levels around shipping, receiving, and warehousing functions
- Pickup Management
- Shipment Inbound
- Delivery Management
- ULD Management/Build Up
Education / Experience
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Three years of relevant work experience in warehousing, forklift, customer service and logistics preferred
- Must provide documentation to support US employment eligibility
- Proficiency in basic MS Office applications.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Basic level required with the ability to verify inventory, order accuracy, and other quality driven initiatives.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communication orally and in writing
- High level of customer service skills
Preferred Computer Skills
- Some experience with WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) a plus!
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Material Handling Certification
- Dangerous Goods Qualification
- Forklift Operation and Certification
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, and climb.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Must be able to stand for several hours per day to perform required job duties as required by the nature of the business that is supported.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Humble