The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating power industrial trucks for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting merchandise. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties in addition to his or her own. They are responsible for the accurate storing, shipping and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Input data accurately into WMS.
- Efficiently stack and store product in appropriate area.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Pull and prepare for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Prepare freight for operations accurately and in a timely manner as required.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Report quality variances
- Efficiently moves product form staging and/or storage to production lines and/or staging docks.
- Proper documentation must accompany freight.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse
- Will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
- Participates in safety meetings.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, drum attachment, or other power equipment.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Associates must maintain an active forklift certification.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
- Change fuel tanks on fork lifts as needed: participate in physical inventories; perform labelling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed
- Repair pallets when necessary, trailers, and truck bays as requested.
- Help maintain the facility to provide a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as required
Minimum required qualifications
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment.
- Able to operate MHE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Basic computer skills
- RF Scanners
- WMS functions
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
- 1-2 years experience working in a warehouse/logistics/distribution environment
- 1-2 years forklift experience.
- Current or prior MHE certification
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Port Reading