The Warehouse Operative’s role is to facilitate and ensure that all inbound and outbound shipment is safely and accurately unloaded, received, checked, wrapped and put-away and execute all other tasks relating to warehouse operation in accordance with operational and health and safety procedures.
Must be able to follow standard operating procedures and work in a methodical and tidy manner, possessing a comprehensive understanding of material / stock management techniques and inventory control methods and procedures.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Supervisor or Team Leader, the warehouse operative has overall accountability daily warehousing operations which includes receiving, put away, inventory, picking, packing and delivery of stock items, operating Manual Handling Equipment as required and minimizing any losses and damages during these processes.
Complete all tasks with a high degree of accuracy to ensure and maintain organisation standards. Ensure compliance with safety, quality, health and environment procedures. Maintain a safe working environment within the Warehouse and reporting any incidents or accidents immediately to the relevant manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle the goods in the vehicles/containers to ensure they are ready for replenishment.
- Ensure the quality of housekeeping is maintained at all times, operating in a tidy as you go manor.
- Pick and pack products which includes unboxing, labelling, re-boxing and stacking products on pallets.
- Carry out all tasks connected with Goods being returned which includes, unloading vehicles, sorting returns and putting stock away
- Ensure quality and accuracy whilst performing any operation.
- Perform quality, audit and other checks on product or storage locations as required.
- Maintain stock integrity by ensuring correct stock and system moves.
- Perform all other duties as reasonably required that are consistent with both training and experience.
- Health and safety – to be fully compliant with all health and safety requirements including warehouse procedures, PPE and housekeeping.
- Complete the pre and post use inspections on the workplace transport and report any malfunction or damage to ensure that the workplace transfer is in good working order at all times
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS
- 2 x GCSE’S – Desirable but not essential
- Previous Warehouse experience – Desirable but not essential
- Ability to challenge health and safety failures
- Use own initiative/proactive in suggestion improvement in procedures
- Relevant transport qualifications – Desirable but not essential
- Understanding of basic health and safety principles
- Good understanding of English language – Written and verbal
- Plan and manage own time well
- Use of transport
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- A chance to work in a busy international business environment
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
- Fixed Shifts
- Mon – Fri shift available (No weekend work)
- Local / Nationwide Brand Discounts
- Enhanced Holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Cycle to work scheme
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.