Create, coordinate and complete shipments of goods between company and clients. Coordinate with off-site logistics locations, suppliers and vendors to meet deadlines and track all shipments. Process orders and ensure shipment schedules are met. May develop and maintain operational reports and complete shipments of goods between company and clients. May act as a point of contact for customer service. Ensures the completion, accuracy, and delivery of transactions for clients. May dispatch requests to transportation providers.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Performs daily activities for an assigned shift or within an assigned area or function.
- Adheres to specific warehouse work instructions for receiving, labelling, storing, shipping and value add services as required in accordance to DSV Air & Sea standard policies and procedures.
- Meets company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, quality, leadership, and customer service.
- Works with the supervisor, warehouse manager and freight forwarding teams to identify areas to improve/enhance overall service to the client.
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and move products to the correct destination. Efficiently stage, stack and load the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Efficiently moves product from staging and/or unloading areas into the correct load door and the assigned trailer. Ensures that the trailer is secured and chocked prior to entering the trailer in accordance to the safety polices.
- Loads/Unloads product correctly using the appropriate handling techniques. Segregate, check and stage inbound product correctly.
- Verifies the driver, trailer, and bills are all for that specific carrier and location. Counts freight with the driver and ensures all requirements are followed. Loads the trailer for safe transit and ensures the driver signs all required paperwork.
- Forklift-slip sheet, reach truck, order picker
- Perform labelling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; maintain the facility to provide a clean, safe work environment.
- Picking-pick orders with RF
- Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
- Accomplishes all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety
- Responsible for maintaining an organized and clean warehouse and work areas
- Responsible for cleanliness of warehouse office.
- Follows safety and security procedures and identify / report safety violations
- Complies with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, Pharmaceutical Regulations, TSA Regulations, US Customs Regulations and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
- May help train new or transferred employees in the day to day activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & requirements
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Fluent in English language (verbal and written)
- Minimum of one year relevant work experience in customer service and logistics
- Forklift experience / certification
- Proficiency in basic MS Office applications and typing accurately
- Preferred knowledge using Warehouse Management Systems
- Basic mathematical skill level required to verify inventory, order accuracy, and other quality driven initiatives.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communication orally and in writing
- High level of customer service skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shifts and/or weekends
- Material Handling Certification
- Dangerous Goods Qualification
- Forklift Operation and Certification
- Flexibility to work varying schedules which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, and climb
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment
- Must be able to stand for several hours per day to perform required job duties as required by the nature of the business that is supported
- Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment with exposure to changing warehouse temperatures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Miami