Warehouse – Freight Forwarding
- Handling cartons, pallets and materials while taking measures to avoid damage and injury
- Labeling, stenciling and writing on cartons and documents
- Selecting, organizing, sorting and segregating cartons, pallets and materials
- Cutting, knocking down and disposing of cardboard boxes
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment
- Performing tasks safely, accurately and steadily within the allotted time frame
- Striving for 100% internal and external customer satisfaction
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Note: Due to business necessity or in the event a facility is a shared CL and freight forwarding (FF) location, the employee may also be required to perform the duties and responsibilities listed in the contract logistics Warehouse Operator job description.
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
Education, SKILLS and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- Six (6) months experience working in a warehouse shipping, receiving, inventory handling environment preferred
- Working knowledge of various warehouse tools and equipment preferred
- Basic proficiency in operating a warehouse hand-held device
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, and interpret standard operating procedures and customer requirements in English
- Ability to read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents typically found in a warehouse environment
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow safety policies and procedures
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and knowledge of calculator use
- Willingness to work overtime hours and some weekends
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Stand, stoop, kneel, sit, crawl and walk for extended periods of time
- Push and pull loaded carts, pallet jacks and strollers
- Lift and carry cartons, materials and wooden pallets at a minimum of 25 pounds
- Use arms, hands, fingers and body to transport cartons, materials and wooden pallets
- Use of senses to include hearing, talking, touching, feeling and vision. Specific vision abilities required include seeing clearly in both near and far distances
Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job.
The environment is safe provided proper measures and precautions are taken. The typical working environment includes the following:
- Working inside and outside of a warehousing and distribution facility
- Working inside and outside of trailers and containers
- Working around electrical or battery driven packaging machines and conveyors with moving parts
- Working around moving objects and vehicles
- Exposure to dampness, humidity and ambient temperatures
- Working in dark trailers, aisles or walkways until proper lighting is employed
- Slippery, wet or uneven surfaces.
- Use various manual material handling devices to include forklifts, dollies, and pallet jacks.