- Salary offer ▵ DOE
JOB PURPOSE / SUMMARY
The Warehouse Operative’s role is to facilitate and ensure that all inbound and outbound shipment is safely and accurately unloaded, received, checked, wrapped and put-away and execute all other tasks relating to warehouse operation in accordance with operational and health and safety procedures.
Must be able to follow standard operating procedures and work in a methodical and tidy manner, possessing a comprehensive understanding of material / stock management techniques and inventory control methods and procedures.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Supervisor, the warehouse operative has overall accountability daily warehousing operations which includes receiving, put away, inventory, picking, packing and delivery of stock items, operating Manual Handling Equipment as required and minimizing any losses and damages during these processes.
Complete all tasks with a high degree of accuracy to ensure and maintain organisation standards. Ensure compliance with safety, quality, health and environment procedures. Maintain a safe working environment within the Warehouse and reporting any incidents or accidents immediately to the relevant manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ‘handle’ the goods in the vehicles/containers to ensure they are ready for replenishment.
- To pick and pack products which includes unboxing, labelling, re-boxing and stacking products on pallets.
- To carry out all tasks connected with Goods being returned which includes, unloading vehicles, sorting returns and putting stock away
- To ensure quality and accuracy whilst performing any operation.
- To perform quality, audit and other checks on product or storage locations as required.
- To maintain stock integrity by ensuring correct stock and system moves.
- To perform all other duties as reasonably required that are consistent with both training and experience.
- Health and safety – to be fully compliant with all health and safety requirements including warehouse procedures, PPE and house-keeping.
- To complete the pre and post use inspections on the workplace transport and report any malfunction or damage to ensure that the work place transfer is in good working order at all times
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ GBP
- Job town/city ▵ Feltham