Warehouse Operator – Atlanta – USA
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs daily activities for an assigned shift or within an assigned area or function.
- Adheres to specific warehouse work instructions for receiving, labelling, storing, shipping and value add services as required in accordance to DSV Air & Sea standard policies and procedures.
- Meets company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, quality, leadership, and customer service.
- Works with the supervisor, warehouse manager and freight forwarding teams to identify areas to improve/enhance overall service to the client.
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and move products to the correct destination.
- Efficiently stage, stack and load the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Efficiently moves product from staging and/or unloading areas into the correct load door and the assigned trailer.
- Ensures that the trailer is secured and chocked prior to entering the trailer in accordance with safety polices.
- Loads/Unloads product correctly using the appropriate handling techniques.
- Segregate, check and stage inbound product correctly.
- Verifies the driver, trailer, and bills are all for that specific carrier and location.
- Counts freight with the driver and ensures all requirements are followed.
- Loads the trailer for safe transit and ensures the driver signs all required paperwork.
- Performs all Forklift activities as required.
- Perform labelling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; maintain the facility to provide a clean, safe work environment.
- Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
- Accomplishes all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety
- Responsible for maintaining an organized and clean warehouse and work areas
- Responsible for cleanliness of warehouse office.
- Follows safety and security procedures and identify / report safety violations
- Complies with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, Pharmaceutical Regulations, TSA Regulations, US Customs Regulations and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
- May help train new or transferred employees in the day to day activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies
- Basic mathematical skill level required to verify inventory, order accuracy, and other quality driven initiatives.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communication orally and in writing
- High level of customer service skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shifts and/or weekends
Educational background / Work experience
- Minimum of one year relevant work experience in customer service and logistics
- Experience operating a Forklift
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Material Handling Certification preferred
- Dangerous Goods Qualification preferred EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Fluent English
- Other Languages are a plus
- Proficiency in basic MS Office applications and typing accurately
- Preferred knowledge using Warehouse Management Systems
- Ability to learn new applications quickly
Physical / Mental Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, and climb
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment
- Must be able to stand for several hours per day to perform required job duties as required by the nature of the business that is supported
- Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment with exposure to changing warehouse temperatures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Flexibility to work varying schedules which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta