- Salary Offer £8.91 p/h
*** This is a Backshift / Afternoons vacancy***
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We value team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people with the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We think we are more than just a delivery company. We know each item tells a story and we know that for someone, somewhere, it’ll make their day, or not – if we fail!
DX is the specialist provider of customer-driven solutions for time sensitive, mission critical, high value and heavier items delivery. DX routinely handles goods from many high street retailers and industry sectors including homeware, high street fashion, optical lenses, pharmacy items and jewellery along with legal documents, the UK Government and foreign embassies for identity documents and visas.
Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise. Our goal every day is to deliver on our promises, so you can deliver on yours.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX we know our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about you developing your career with us; if this is part of your plan too, DX will provide the training and the opportunities! Whatever you choose, you will work with a great bunch of people who are focused on meeting the DX Delivered Exactly promise.
We achieve our outstanding results through our people. Our ability to recruit, train, promote and retain top quality talent is one of our core strengths and has been fundamental to our long term growth. It is our entrepreneurial, dedicated, customer-focused people who are making business happen. They are behind our fantastic success and incredible growth. They are driving us forward as we define the future of work.
We recruit ambitious, driven people who bring new ideas that improve our services. If you are energetic and can deliver outstanding results, we will give you the opportunity to build a rewarding and successful career.
DX Warehouse Operatives are responsible for the accurate and timely sortation of parcels and mail. The role is essential to ensuring our customers receive the correct deliveries at the correct time and uphold our promise of delivering exactly.
- Accurate sortation of parcels and mail either by hand or through the use of sortation equipment
- Scanning and loading of parcels and mail into sacks and cages
- Ensuring all sortation is completed in line with DX operating procedures and security standards
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills; the ability to interpret and complete paperwork in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and is comfortable in achieving tight deadlines
- Proactive and energetic and takes an active part in the success of the department and team
- Competitive rates of pay
- Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!