- Salary Offer £11.20 per hour
Logistics done differently.
Do you have previous Warehouse experience and a passion for teamwork? Would you like guaranteed hours each week? If you answered yes, then look no further. Our warehouse operatives are seen as the main drive of our operation processing and handling products through our warehouse utilising Manual Handling Equipment.
As part of a new business win for Pearson’s Education we have permanent fulltime positions at our site in Birmingham’s Merlin park. We are offering fixed shifts Monday – Friday (0800 -1600, 0600 – 1400, 1400 – 2200) or Sunday Thursday (2200 – 0600).
Pay, benefits and more:
We are looking to offer an hourly rate of up to £11.20 ph. In addition, we offer holiday days, access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Carry out the assigned tasks; picking, packing, goods receipt, loading & unloading of vehicles, and processing of returns
- Use of MHE (including; counterbalance, reach truck and PPT)
- Working within strict Health & Safety guidelines
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects and ideas
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Previous experience in a similar position would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- A valid Reach and/or Counterbalance FLT licences (advantageous but not essential)
- A hard working, positive and flexible attitude with the ability to meet daily targets and deadlines
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.