- Manages, oversees, and performs supervisory tasks associated with warehousing and distribution including: picking, packing, shipping, receiving, labeling, kitting, loading/unloading, putting-away, cycle and wall to wall counting, customs control, inventory auditing and inventory management and control.
- Will manage the use of material handling equipment such as pallet movers, standup forklifts, swing-reach trucks, and order pickers
- Provides customer support for logistics problems. Coordinates transportation of customer materials to and from the Hub/Gateway facility. Manages inbound shipment receipt and inventory control, warehousing, customs control, and outbound shipment preparation and dispatch
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer inventory and warehouse staff
- Coordinates with station, regional management and service centers regarding development and retention of customer base. Develops, recommends and implements process and procedure improvements for service delivery to the customer.
- Provides customized solutions for customers in the areas of warehousing, inventory control and analysis, transportation, and technical support
- Responsible for the Key Performance indicators and ensures budget targets are met
- Supervises unionized staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff.
- Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
- Additional responsibilities include grievance administration, conflict resolution, mentoring and consistent application of disciplinary actions in accordance with Company policy or CBA (if applicable)
Skills / Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience in the logistics/freight forwarding or airfreight industry preferred
- Experience with building pallets / ULDs required
- 1+ years’ supervisory / leadership experience strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree a plus
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Comprehensive knowledge of distribution methods and standard warehouse operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology-operating tools (WMS-Barcode Scanning, Track & Trace)
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include driving KPIs, employee engagement / team building.
- Strong ability to develop, coach, train, and mentor staff to success
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Chicago