Main purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Contact Manager the successful applicant will have responsibility for leading a warehouse operational team in providing a high-quality service for all customers based out of the DSV Solutions Thrapston Site, whilst ensuring compliance with all legal and internal policy-based safety standards. The Manager, Operations is a key member of the site Management team working very closely with other key managers on site to meet and exceed customer and internal expectations as determined within the site business plan.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure and be accountable for the efficient and effective achievement of all warehouse operational targets and key performance indicators set internally and by customers.
- To plan and deliver the day-to-day operation
- To prepare and present performance information at regular intervals both internally and to customers.
- To ensure that the warehouse operational team are motivated and have the relevant skills, knowledge and attitude to contribute effectively to maximise accuracy and productivity.
- Overseeing the recruitment, training, development and discipline of all personnel employed within the warehouse operation, maintaining appropriate liaison with the Company’s HR department.
- Ensuring that all employees in the warehouse work to the required standards of the Company and are assessed through regular performance reviews.
- Monitoring, on an ongoing basis, the performance of all direct reports, and undertake regular reviews in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- In addition to ensure that the employee engagement concept is known as the People Plan/appraisal system is embedded and practiced within the warehouse function.
- Promoting the good name of DSV Solutions (and its associated companies within the DSV Group) by adopting a professional approach at all times.
- Ensuring that there is regular communication through team briefings with all employees within the warehouse in order that they are made aware of national and local developments affecting the Company.
- He/she will have the responsibility to promote, support and implement the site continuous improvement programme(s).
- To support the Site Management team in delivering a successful warehouse operation, by contributing and or attending various customer operational/contract reviews.
- To contribute to the preparation of and meeting the targets set within the site budget and annual business plan.
Skill and Competencies:
- The successful applicant will possess:
- 4 GCSE’s or equivalent / 2 A Levels or equivalent
- 2 years recent relevant experience of Warehouse Management and/or 2 years of an Operational Management role
- 12 Months of Continuous Improvement Experience (Lean/Six Sigma) desirable
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong Warehouse Leadership, ability of achieving and exceeding operational goals.
- Strong ability to promote and enforce group policies (Code of Conduct, H&S etc)
- Ability to lead and motivate direct reports
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- High organisational skills, ability to plan and manage own time
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work-related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com