Location: Swindon, GB
Company: XPO Logistics
Logistics done differently.
Are you a Warehouse Manager or Warehouse Operations Manager with a strong track record of managing large, complex operations from the front? Do you like the idea of being responsible for a key warehouse function as part of one of the leading third-party logistics companies? Are you ready for your next challenge?
We’re looking for a Warehouse Operations Manager to join us on a full-time, permanent basis on our temperature-controlled Iceland site in Swindon.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £50,000 per annum, plus a car allowance of £588.33 per month. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead and drive the warehouse operation from the front, ensuring compliance, performance and the delivery of a world-class service to our customer
- Work as part of the site management team to ensure that the operational plan is in line with budget and customer SLAs
- Be responsible for leading the shift management teams, giving them the tools they need to deliver optimum service to their respective teams and the customer
- Drive communication, engagement and continuous improvement throughout the warehouse with a constant focus on reviewing and improving processes
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Previous experience as a senior warehouse leader managing very large teams, with exposure to FMCG logistics – if you have food/temperature-controlled experience, this would be a bonus
- Strong commercial acumen with an understanding of P&L management and key operational cost drivers
- The ability to effectively inspire, lead and develop a large, diverse operational team
- A flexible and can-do approach – this is a busy, fast-paced and complex operation where no two days are the same
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Bank, Banking, Operations, Finance