“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Oversee warehouse personnel and procedures as well as daily operations within the facility. To be a good communicator with peers on a daily basis, as well as communicate upstream. To oversee and manage all inbound and outbound activity with energy, leadership, vision, support and professionalism
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Workload distribution
- Provide leadership to subordinates
- Ensure quality through use and adherence to policies and procedures
- Scheduling of warehouse personnel as well as scheduling vacation requests
- Ensuring compliance of governing authorities
- Look for creative means to provide a successful operation
- Good interpersonal skills, good computer skills
- Ensure inbound freight is all offloaded in a timely, efficient and orderly manner
- Ensure all freight is on handed and put away per required facility means utilizing all system technology
- Holding regular warehouse updates and safety meetings
- Providing an extremely clean and safe warehouse on a daily basis
- Ensure all warehouse equipment is in proper operating condition
- Oversee warehouse supply needs
- Any job as assigned by management
A. Education- high school degree
B. Required work hours are 1pm – 10pm M-F with some weekend work from time to time.
C. Must be forklift certified / experienced
- 5 Years warehouse management experience
C. Knowledge/ Skills: Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and write legibly. Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods.
Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis. Must be able to use proper lifting techniques. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important. Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements. Must be able to shift priorities easily. Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
D. Special Requirements: Must have excellent work habits. Must pass a background check,
if applicable in state, region or geography. Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program