- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer inventory
- Develops, recommends, and implements process and procedure improvements for service delivery to the customer
- Provides customized solutions for customers in the areas of warehousing, inventory control & analysis, transportation, and technical support
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the product and ensures budget targets are met
- Supervises staff, responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff
- Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
- Collaborates with senior management to deliver strategic business results. Builds collaborative working relationships across groups
- Drives Performance Improvement though active management and use is CIP tools.
- Metric driven and drives team performance based on data
- Responsible to shape and adjust workflows based on business need.
- P/L responsibility for the business unit, works to control costs and implement cost improvement measures.
- Drives Productivity improvement measures with teams.
- Responsible for root cause analysis and implementation of corrective measures to address and minimize reoccurring challenges.
- Responsible to develop, maintain, and implement local operating procedures and work instructions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years in freight forwarding and operations experience required
- Minimum 3 years supervisory or management experience required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with DOT and HazMat regulations
- Familiar with TSA, TAPA, and C-TPAT regulations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- BA/BS Preferred
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Charlotte