In this position you will
Maintain responsibility for accurate receiving, loading, storing and executing shipment orders. Must be able to work the shift pattern as required by the branch. Execute updates in computer system via operational tools provided.
Inbound Freight: Count all products, take weight, compare to manifest and check all shipments for damage, shortage, overage and any other discrepancies. Report shortages, damages and/or discrepancies on appropriate forms. If assigned, must be a qualified forklift driver, unloads inbound shipments safely and moves product to assigned storage locations.
Storage: Maximize space usage. Properly and safely put away items onto the racks, locations and or ready rows using company system and scripts.
Cargo handling: Ensure that the correct number and type of product are being handled. Transport orders to shipping locations or assigned doors with material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jacket). Review markings, address on cargo and ensure correct reference labels are on the cargo.
Outbound Freight: Compare quantity, labelling and address with order to ensure outgoing shipments are complete and correct. Sign necessary documents to ensure record keeping along with the usage of system scripts. Efficiently move product into outbound delivery vehicles.
Facility / Equipment: Maintain equipment and ensures warehouse areas are neat, clean of debris and in an orderly fashion. Operates equipment safely and efficiently. Complies with all local, OSHA and Expeditors’ standards.
Inventory: Keeps accurate records and reports. Assists in physical inventories and cycle counts. May key inventory adjustments into company system.
Other Duties: Repack or re-boxes cases per customer instructions. Repairs and re-boxes damaged goods as required. Operates shrink-wrap machine, manual shrink-wrap, apply plastic and metal bands if assigned.
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Passion for learning
- Collaborative spirit for listening and communicating
- Motivated to be efficient, effective and always improving
- Highly organized with solid computer skills
- Demonstrate sense of urgency & attention to detail in everything you do
- Ability to lift, move and manage packages
- Ability to follow directions and emphasize safety in the workplace
- Ability to handle the stress of meeting deadlines
- Position is on-site – candidate must be located in Western New York State
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Buffalo