At CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit – we encourage initiative and we empower our talent to grow in their careers. We are supply chain experts and live and breathe it every day. We offer a broad range of services in Contract Logistics, Air, Ocean and Ground management thanks to our 78,000 employees, operating in more than 160 countries. At CEVA, we are passionate about our work and the value we deliver to our customers and as a company, we are growing at a fast pace – do you Dare to Grow with us?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Warehouse Design Manager to join our Solutions Design team based in Ashby de la Zouch.
Our Solutions Design team is responsible for growth of contract logistics and ground business through new business wins and the expansion of existing clients through innovation and cost-effective solutions.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
In the role of Warehouse Design Manager, you will plan, manage and work on high value, multi-functional or complex solutions, acting as a subject matter expert in the application of automisation, mechanisation and other innovative warehouse technologies.
This is a high-profile role that will engage and interact with CEVA customers and wider CEVA business functions to develop innovative, service orientated and cost-effective solutions in support of our growth strategy. Your key responsibilities are to:
- Provide effective support for proposals through the provision of operationally sound designs for new, innovative, and cost-effective warehousing solutions to the required standards and within agreed timescales.
- Maintain a good understanding and knowledge of CEVA’s UK cost model, the PRIMO operating model, PDD, operational infrastructure and business strategies and be fully aware of any impact that a proposed solution may incur.
- Support junior members of the Solution Design team in their role development and provide necessary support and guidance during the solution design process
- Manage multiple projects and potentially conflicting timescales to ensure agreed project deadlines are achieved.
- Undertake research on specific warehouse automation technologies and service offerings, conducting site visits and developing appropriate supplier contacts.
- Be the primary contact for all cost and commercial aspects of the projects.
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues in other functions (e.g., IT, HR, Property, Commercial & Financial, BPE) to identify and recommend where appropriate solutions that enhance proposals.
- Conduct formal solution operational reviews (alongside BD project manager) to gain operational and financial sign off.
- Form part of the CEVA Negotiation Team and provide support for major project implementations, sourcing information and assisting with proposals and presentations, tariff manipulation and/or dedicated costings.
- Support SMART Solutions by supporting the solution design global community initiatives and active deployment of SMART solutions in the UK
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent with previous, demonstrable experience gained within Solutions Design, ideally in the Logistics and Supply Chain sector.
A subject matter expert in automisation and mechanisation, you will also have proven experience of designing and implementing innovative warehouse technologies and service offerings for customers.
Creativity and an exceptional ability to communicate and translate complex solutions are also key requirements for this role.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave entitlement with a fantastic holiday buy scheme, pension and life assurance along with access to an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and money off vouchers for a diverse range of retail, travel and hospitality brands. There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then please do get in touch to find your next role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. Join CEVA for a challenging career.