Under the direction of supervisor or manager, coordinates activities of workers engaged in lifting, transporting, storing and loading materials and products by use of conveyors, industrial trucks or by hand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates Material Handlers to ensure their time is utilized efficiently to achieve production, quality, sanitation and customer service standards.
- Confers with management to coordinate flow of product and ensure all safety precautions are followed and taken.
- Enforces schedules and estimated labour hours required for effective completion of daily job assignments.
- Reports compliance of assigned teams in work areas to operational standards and initiatives.
- Participates in the recommendation of Kaizen activities to improve all aspects of the operation.
- Performs activities of workers supervised when required or other duties as assigned.
- Directly oversees the work of a small number of employees in the designated warehouse area.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and safety rules.
- Responsibilities include meeting goals and minimum standards of performance, training employees; assigning and directing work flow and the movement of associates based on the business needs; addressing and elevating complaints and resolving minor problems with management assistance.
Education & Experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED and two years’ related experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Sumner