Coordinates all records provided by drayage carriers. Prepares required reports and communicates data to customers and various departments. Plans and informs dock management of dock activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and updates daily performance shift goals to dock supervisors.
- Analyses labour required to complete projected workload. Follows up on operational shortfalls.
- Coordinates and monitors arrival of priority containers with dock supervisors regarding priority containers such as airfreight and special projects.
- Responsible for establishing daily drayage forecast, vessel assignments, and coordinating with drayage partners, port authorities, terminal operators and customers to ensure daily/weekly goals are achieved.
- Maintains contact with carriers to collect data about daily performance.
- Analyses and cross-references reports while coordinating with customer service and other staff to ensure movements of customer goods are properly performed.
- Prepares multiple monthly summary reports for facility and company leadership.
- Participates in weekly production calls with customers and daily production statuses with facility leadership to review current and upcoming operational needs.
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree and 2 – 3 years’ experience in warehouse, logistics, terminal operations or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experienced user with Microsoft Access, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of local harbour procedures and drayage carrier procedures required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Elk Grove Village