Scope of Position
Responsible for accurate receiving, storing, preparing and shipping orders of product. Knows their responsibility in a contingency plan or crisis situation. Must be able to work the shift pattern as outlined by customer distribution needs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all freight, for all products in and out of the warehouse, is documented
- Ensure ID verifications are obtained from all drivers delivering cargo or transferring cargo to airline.
- Monitor the inventory report to identify any discrepancies
- Order inventory for the warehouse to replenish the supplies as needed
- Set up maintenance of warehouse equipment (scale, forklift)
- Ensure dangerous goods, licensable shipments and unknown shipper cargo is staged in correct location
- Ensure client standard operating procedures are followed accurately
- Check the condition of the cargo in/out of the warehouse for any potential damages, and report to warehouse manager
- Load and offload trucks in a timely manner
- Monitors and ensure transfers are timely to meet the airline closeout times
- Perform labelling as needed (ensure freight is checked to avoid cross labeling/miss-routes)
- Re-packing and re-icing if necessary
- Ensure transfer manifests are signed and scanned timely (TSF entered within 2 hours of transfer)
- Communicate closely with air export team to plan upstream and call for transfers if needed.
- Weigh and dim the freight received, create on-hand, update ETMS system
- Update events in ETMS (TSF and/or others as needed)
- Preferred high school degree
- 6 months of distribution and warehousing experience or comparable experience – RF technologies a plus
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and write legibly. Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Dulles