“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The Compliance Lead will be part of a Global Onsite Team supporting one of Expeditors High Tech customers within an import/export operation.
The Compliance Lead coordinates the daily administrative activities of Compliance Coordinators to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Expert in import and export compliance. Ensures the efficient flow of orders/requests through customer service, and compliance, Responsible for reviewing every GUTs ticket/ CI awaiting approval every day to ensure the workload is distributed as well as ensuring requests are addressed as timely and thoroughly as possible.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
● Ensure the team is compliant with all Import and Export regulations
● Support the Operations Supervisor in process improvements or initiatives
● Making sure the team processes all customer requests in a timely manner
● Making sure all the processes are documented / updated and properly communicated
● Drive strategy with the team and continuously look at opportunities to improve the processes.
● Review metrics/reports daily to ensure all SLAs are met
● Take the lead on any projects or complicated requests, identifying the tasks needed to complete the project then delegate if possible.
● Lead daily huddles with the team to review workflow, priority requests, action items for the day
● Lead weekly syncs with Google Compliance Supervisor / Manager on status of aging tickets, aging CI’s and process questions.
● Review open queue and act as a gatekeeper when needed to assign all new CPL tickets to the team
● Advise customers on import and export restrictions and customs related matters
● Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Standard Work Instructions (SWI), external government regulations, and customer policies/requirements.
● Maintain and further regional matter expertise
● Actively engaged in advanced planning deployments
● Attention to detail and elevates matters with a sense of urgency for timely resolution
● Requires good communication skills in a collaborative environment
● Provides ongoing status updates to the local management
● Identifies gaps and improvement opportunities for process enhancements
● Provides information and recommendations to improve operational processes
● 3-6 years related experience in import or export operations preferred
● Technical expertise in import/export compliance
● Knowledge of air, road, and ocean transport.
● Good knowledge of incoterms
● Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
● Proactive, strong organizational skills
● Customs Brokerage License preferred
● Proficient in Word, Excel, email, and various PC based software
Expeditors offer excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401k Plan
- Training and Professional Development Program