The Customs Brokerage Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate filing of entries with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the ultimate delivery of goods to our customers. The Customs Brokerage Manager will also oversee customs brokerage and participate in the daily operations of the department with the Import Manager.
- Adhere to, train and advise team in areas of Customs Brokerage Regulations
- Monitor team performance against company standards and department goals; regular audit of shipment documents and accounting
- Monitor problem files and implement corrective action when needed
- Issue work instructions to team members to ensure timely and orderly file flow including release, billing, and auditing
- Monitor staff training needs; identify and develop training objectives
- Conduct regular staff meetings; communicate department goals and expectations
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved
- Daily follow-up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins
- Escalate any unresolved issues or risks before they materially impact Kuehne + Nagel
- Work closely with other departments and branches to deliver high level of service to customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your Skills and Experiences
- Must have and maintain Customs Brokerage License
- At least 5 years experience as an Entry Writer
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent team-building skills and ability to work independently
- Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Proven reliability
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines in a high-pressure environment
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
With over 74000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.