If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team, now part of the Maersk global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offers third party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of services, PT has key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest. Performance Team has delivered significant sales and profitability growth over the last 8 years and will drive the Inland Logistics and Services business for the combined US business units for Maersk.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
- Monitors the overall operation and profitability of the Transportation business groups
- Manages the Safety Department to ensure compliance with Federal and State Safety Regulations
- Determines and quotes transportation rates and sets Contractors compensation rates
- Sets operational standards for the Transportation business units
- Supports the personnel requirements of the Transportation Department managers
- Oversees the recruiting program for contract drivers
- Sets standards within state, federal and company guidelines for the contracting of Owner Operators.
- Monitors claims and accident reporting within the guidelines set forth by the company.
- Ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, and equipment in a profitable manner. Plan, direct and implement transportation operations, procedures and support to meet prescribed productivity and service levels.
- Creates programs to counsel and discipline associates. Provides timely and appropriate performance reviews to all direct reports and ensures the same is done for all associates.
- Customer service: Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all customers ( internal and external). Establish programs to improve customer awareness at all levels in the organization. Maintain records and reports to ensure customer service levels are being met.
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate programs to ensure that all safety and housekeeping standards and objectives are met.
- Procure equipment and facility preventative maintenance services to assure efficient operations of all facets of the centre. Maintain suitable equipment and services to assure security of customer and company assets.
- Performs job related duties as specified by management
We are looking for
- Business Degree in International Transportation and/or 2-5 years related transportation experience, Port Operations and Federal & State Operating Regulations.
- Must be proficient with computer/systems knowledge (Advanced level of Excel to run macros and pivot tables, etc.
- Strong candidates are assertive, adaptable and resilient
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong multi-tasking and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays if needed+
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Pasadena