Our Transportation Coordinator is responsible for customer service activities, such as responding to inquiries, processing orders, and handling customer complaints / questions in a prompt, courteous and effective manner.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers by responding to & filtering inquiries and complaints concerning receipts, invoices, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner either by phone or email
- Refers service or billing issues to designated departments for investigation
- Processes and inputs customer orders and receipts within the TMS, Mercury Gate
- Generates all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer orders.
- Tracks/traces orders using TMS and Online Tracking Websites
- Communicates any discrepancies found during track/trace to account owner
- Performs clerical work as required, including: answering phone calls, operating various office machines and computers, sorting, & filing
- Maintains current and accurate procedure material which details the processing requirements for each account
- Prepares reports concerning customer services activities
- Notifies management of all requested changes from the customer/vendor regarding shipping, handling, or administrative characteristics
- Works overtime as needed based on Customer requirements or departmental needs to support Customer peaks and/or end of month, quarter, or year activities.
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency; Associates degree preferred
- Minimum 6 months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in customer service position preferred
- PC literate to include Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook & Office 365
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
- managers, customers, and co-workers
- Ability to solve problems using analytical, practical, & critical thinking skills dealing with a variety of concrete variables
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to prioritize and meet expected deadlines
We’re not just any warehouse. Across the country, people are discovering what makes working at a GEODIS different. From our culture and benefits to our commitment to teammate safety, we’re building a company cantered around people.
Here’s a preview of what you can expect as a GEODIAN:
- Competitive Pay: Our pay is competitive, and we offer multiple kinds of bonuses too, including referral bonuses, signing bonuses, and raises every 6 months through your first 2 years.
- Positive Environment: From day 1, you’ll be a part of a team with engaged managers, collaborative co-workers, and world-class customers.
- Benefits: Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days, 401k match, PTO, free employee discounts, and more!
- Flexible Schedules: Choose from part-time or full-time, seasonal work, weekends, and multiple shifts throughout the day to better accommodate everything that isn’t working.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Sparks