Transportation Coordinator – Chesapeake – USA
- Store Door work orders from Steamship Lines.
- Access daily Steamship Lines website for new work orders. Update website according to SOP.
- Audit Webec/Draywatch Management daily for pending records requiring resolution.
- Forward electronic work orders received via email to Finance.
- Update Store Door status per container in Webec/Equipment Control upon receipt of work order.
- Allocation request from Damco Customer Service Team.
- Store Door accounts; ensure work order is received prior to allocating.
- Check port website confirming port availability.
- Schedule container pick-up appointments with port terminals when necessary.
- Coordinate reefer/genset needs with Steamship Lines and Terminal.
- Update allocation in Webec according to customer pier pass requirements.
- Coordinate daily drayage moves with Hudd Dispatch or 3rd Party Truckers.
- Process 3rd Party Trucker invoices for payment and update Equipment Interchange Receipt (EIR) dates in Webec.
- Customer Service for Direct Dray and Damco Central Dray customers:
- Receive Deliver Orders from Broker.
- Send daily dispatch reports by required cut off times.
- Update manual tracking log to provide daily reports to customer.
- Coordinate container delivery with Dispatch and Customer Warehouse.
- Complete weekly billing according to SOP.
- Daily monitor of yard reports to capture Per Diem last free day.
- Review daily holds placed by DDSI facilities. Follow up with SSL and release holds for allocation.
- Pier Pass, Clean Truck, Bobtails, and Chassis Splits.
- LTL and Airfreight
- Import Direct Drays
- Shuttle Drayage
- Assist Driver Safety department with weekly driver payroll processing.
- Assist Dispatch when time permits.
- Performs job related duties as specified by management.
We are looking for
- 1+ years relevant experience with Port Terminal operations, preferred but not required
- Current shift is Monday-Thursday 4pm-1am & Saturdays 5am-2pm and will have to work Monday – Friday regular hours for first month to train
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- High School Diploma/GED; College degree preferred
- Capable of multi-tasking and maintaining appropriate organizational skills within a busy environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-starter attitude
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Chesapeake