Your subject matter expertise revolves around selling in the following areas
- Air-Domestic, Import, Export, and Charter
- Ocean- Import and Export
- Ground – Full Truckload, Partial, Expedite and LTL
- Ancillary services related to the supply chain industry
As a member of our team, you will play a large role in our business development efforts. You will be expected to generate sales and develop leads driving the department’s growth and to help establish/contribute to our sales best practices.
- Generate Revenue – Manage a profitable book of business with a personal drive to exceed and set Revenue expectations monthly. Act instinctively to achieve objectives without direct supervision.
- Generate Leads – You’re highly motivated and self-driven. Work independently to identify, develop and enhance sales opportunities in assigned territories. Generate and manage a detailed sales pipeline via CRM from prospect origination to valued long-term customer. Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, cold calls, business meetings, email, and networking.
- Develop Leads – Demonstrate in-depth industry knowledge with the ability to identify, anticipate, understand and respond to customer needs promptly. Utilize information to make relevant recommendations to win, maintain and develop customer relationships.
- Have Customer Focus- Effectively manage urgent customer and management requests in a timely manner. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers with a focus on relationship building and collaboration.
- Negotiate – Superior decision-making, problem-solving and negotiation skills. Creates effective proposals and be proficient in presenting and pricing customer RFQ requests.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years International and Domestic logistics and cargo transportation sales experience required.
- Outside business-to-business sales experience highly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Established presence in the marketplace preferred.
- Proven sales track record in business development.
- Must be willing to travel as required by the customer and corporate needs.
- Some after hours or weekend work as required by customer demands and/or seasonality typical to transportation.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Memphis