Logistics done differently.
Are you a Transport Team Leader or Supervisor looking for your next role? Do you like the idea of working on a large contract for one of the biggest names in the logistics game? Are you up for the challenge?
We’re looking for three Transport Team Leaders to join us on our temperature-controlled Waitrose operation in Brinklow, Milton Keynes. Working 40 hours per week on an ‘any 5 from 7’ basis, you’ll ensure that the transport function is compliant, efficient and profitable on a day-to-day basis.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £29,500 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Deliver the daily execution of the transport plan and ensure the efficient running of all transport functions
- Ensure driver and vehicle compliance in terms of WTD regulations, planned maintenance and inspections
- Carry out day-to-day driver planning with a large focus on the optimal use of both XPO and external agency resources
- Direct and guide your team to meet operational objectives such as service provision, productivity and compliance KPIs
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Previous experience leading a fast-paced transport team, preferably with exposure to grocery retail/temperature-controlled distribution
- Strong working knowledge of telematics systems as well as Tachomaster
- An excellent understanding of transport compliance, such as working time directive and vehicle maintenance (a CPC would be a strong advantage)
- The ability to effectively communicate in both a written and verbal capacity as well as lead, inspire and motivate a diverse operational team
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.