A great opportunity to join the Kuehne+Nagel team in Bicester
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage. Kuehne + Nagel are seeking to appoint a Road Transport Supervisor to work within a small but dedicated team at MOD Bicester, the position will require working a three shift system Earlys, Lates and Nights. The key responsibilities will be to ensure the transport department operates in a safe, compliant and efficient manner, which is fully compliant with all legislation. Controlling the Fleet Servicing, MOT and Vehicle Breakdowns and vehicle records in complaince with the O Licence Conditions, Tasking drivers and assets to meet delivery schedules and delivering a first class service to our customer within budget. The post will be responsible for the compliant movement of ADR products, Classes 1 to 9 including 7x accepted packages and Non ADR goods as required
- Control transport resources at MOD Bicester Site.
- Effective supervision of the drivers under your Line management
- Effective control of 14-18 employees & 20-30 assets, in MOD Bicester as part of a three person transport shift supervisor team
- Ensuring compliance is adhered to according to company and legislative requirements
- Provide a culture of improvement and team effectiveness to ensure a strong team spirit and good team morale
- Promote effective, positive communication with colleagues, other supervisors, managers, internal and external customer to ensure agreed service level achieved
- Ensure all health and safety obligations are met providing a legal and safe working environment that consistently exceeds quality standards
- Responsible for taking care of the Health and Safety and to observe best practice and compliance with legislation in the protection of the environment and conservation of energy
- Provide daily, weekly & monthly information and reports in line with management and company requirements
- Ensuring daily data information is compiled both for internal and external customer and that this information is submitted accurately and on a timely basis.
- Actively support the Transport Manager in continuous improvement projects and tactical improvements to to improve efficiency within the operation
- Reporting and investigation accidents/incidents within the tight contracted timelines.
- Support the transport manager with regards to compliance with Company and Statutory requirements regarding
- Operator License, H&S, service quality, driver’s hours and tacho regulations, inclusive of WTD.
- Responsible overseeing the Briefing and Debriefing of Drivers. By performing regular checks on DG Notes, VORs, fuel cards, Toll Cards, tasking sheets and associated documentation
- Taking direct from the Transport manager to ensure a robust programme for Health and Safety standards is maintained
Your Skills and Experiences
- Full UK Drivers License (Essential).
- Proven Transport knowledge and experience. Working knowledge of Transport legislation.
- Proven record in Fleet Compliance in maintenance, MOTs Servicing and breakdowns
- Flexible leadership style with ability to motivate staff to achieve results.
- Competent Numerate with good attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent Microsoft Office user including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven people management skills and experience.
- LGV Driving License (C+E) (desirable but no essential)
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team, we will make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing centre. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognise the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ GBP
- Job town/city ▵ Bicester, Oxfordshire