The purpose of this role is to ensure the day to day operations are effectively and efficiently managed. The post holder is to record, monitor and report where appropriate to their Line Manager any areas identified below within the individuals Terms of Reference where areas of best practice exists or where there is a requirement for improvement.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care of the Health and Safety of myself and others who may be affected by my acts or omissions at work to observe best practice and compliance with legislation in the protection of the environment and conservation of energy.
- To effectively manage all levels of information, especially personal information, under your control or in possession and in accordance with training received and DE&S/LS policy. Appropriate training to be completed annually.
- To monitor and ensure all training, especially mandated training requirements for the business stream is achieved in line with DE&S and LS requirements. Ensure all training is recorded & records updated.
- Ensure all areas in your control remain compliant and within EU and UK Transport legislation, assist with the management of driver’s hours to ensure drivers take all their appropriate breaks.
- Will act as the Duty Officer and assist with any driver/operational requirement and act as the single point of contact with the Transport Planners.
- Ensure vehicles service schedules as provided is adhered to and that all equipment in their area of operational control remains legal and compliant.
- Responsible for ensuring the drivers receive their tasking orders and briefs/debriefs in a timely manner. Must ensure all appropriate details are also available
Your Skills and Experiences
- ADR, C+E Licence
- Core Competencies (aligned to KN Competencies)
- Demonstrating Drive and commitment
- Fostering Collaboration and Teamwork
- Driving Business Solutions
- Championing Innovation and Transformation
- Developing Self and others
- Delivering Customer
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
With over 74000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.