- Salary Offer £31,500
Logistics done differently.
Are you looking to use your transport supervisory or management experience in a new role? Do you like the sound of working on a large, complex operation with one of the biggest names in logistics? Are you ready for a challenge?
Here at XPO, we’re looking for a full-time, permanent Transport Shift Manager to join us on the day shift at our busy Iceland operation in Swindon. Working a 4-on, 4-off shift pattern, between the hours of 07:00 and 19:00, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient and effective running of our transport function that delivers to 275 Iceland stores.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £31,500 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Carry out day-to-day driver planning, focusing on resource optimisation, using both XPO and agency colleagues
- Ensure that all drivers are compliant with EU and working time directive regulations and that any accidents/incidents are investigated in a timely manner
- Lead your team to meeting and exceeding operational objectives, such as service provision, productivity and fuel KPIs
- Reconcile weekly statistics and ensure that KPI dashboards are fully complete, accurate and up-to-date
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- A track record at a supervisory or management level within a complex, fast-paced transport operation
- Excellent knowledge of driving compliance and associated regulations (a CPC would be ideal)
- The ability to work with large amounts of data, analysing and extrapolating this into an appropriate format
- A strong personality with the ability to effectively manage drivers, push for operational excellence and challenge the status quo
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.