Logistics done differently
Are you an inspirational leader? Are you looking for a new challenge and want to be part of a rapidly growing team? Do you have a keen interest for working in the Transport industry?
We are looking for someone like you to join our team on a fixed term contract 6/9 months, hours are Monday to Friday predominantly 08:00 to 16:30pm however flexibility is required as operational hours are from 04:00 until 20:00. Based at our Coventry site.
Pay, benefits and more
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £35,000.00 Per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day
- Assist with executing the daily plan for all deliveries and collections, with a keen eye on the resource available at the site and keep the customer updated
- Provide leadership and guidance for the team to enable them to meet objectives and encourage open communication
- Ensure all Quality, Health, Safety and Environment standards are maintained, and rules and regulations are adhered to and that all accident reporting procedures are followed
- First line management of the Transport and VMU Administrators and daily management of drivers, agency staff and sub-contractors on shift including managing people performance for sickness, absence, time keeping, and disciplinary/grievance investigations
- Planning resources to ensure activities on shift are achieved, the rotas for the next set period are fully prepared including agency bookings, overtime and holidays to agreed levels if required
What you need to succeed at GXO
- Transport managerial experience in a unionised environment with an understanding on Transport Management Systems
- Strong background in Food Service Logistics
- International CPC holder with up to date knowledge of WTD and all relevant transport legislation.
- Excellent customer service and influencing skills with the ability to work under pressure
Be part of something big
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.