DSV Road, Harwich is recruiting for the role of Operations Assistant, Import Customs/Central Verification, overseeing all International Import relating to European arrival in the UK including Customs system input processing. Post EU membership, DSV Road depots will require to process both Import and Export declarations. Shipments destined for, or arrived from, within the EU will require Customs Clearance to be processed before transport can be arranged. The applicant must have good financial awareness, organised and punctual, some knowledge of freight industry is an advantage but not essential. We are looking for a person who can add extra quality to our already highly skilled planning team and be able come up with alternative solutions to challenges and problems whilst at the same time work under pressure.
- The import central verification process will oversee all inbound vehicle movements in line with a pre-advise of customer arrivals from all over Europe, supporting both Full load / Part load and lesser container load movements, covering a multitude of both port and ship operators all over of the UK.
- They will also be required to co-ordinate the customs clearance between the Customer and internal DSV operations.
- This will involve the use of IT to interface with HMRC systems and monitor the clearance status of shipments.
- In addition the candidates will be confident to issue sales invoices and monitor payment receipts at the same time be able to communicate with both external clients and internal DSV organisations.
- They will provide release notifications to enable cargo to be delivered or held within the DSV operational environment for allImport Deliveries.
- They will ensure that the necessary information is correctly updated to enable full HMRC entry documentation to be completed.
- Confirm Client verification and authority status
- Receive and send authorities to DSV partner network
- Check current date is acceptable for HMRC entry declaration
- Input consignment details into in house
- Customs system for transfer to HMRC for clearance
- Calculate applicable charges and prepare and send commercial invoices
- Chase and check for receipt of associated payments • Send instruction to release and hold to UK operational departments
- Maintaining records and being organised and accurate with all systems are essential requirements.
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience in the Logistics Industry and advantage but not essential
- Good communication skills with colleagues and external customers
- Preferably some knowledge of Customs processes or systems an advantage
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
What we can offer you
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be a part of a strong team of
- performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.