Logistics done differently.
Do you have experience in a transport operation? Are you a confident Transport Administrator looking for the next step? Or, maybe you’ve got great customer service skills within a contract logistics environment?
XPO Logistics are recruiting for a Transport Operative on a full-time, permanent basis to be based out of our site in Runcorn.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £23,100 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Be active within the warehouse, show a keen interest in what we do at the site, daily walkarounds, and build strong relationships with the customer
- To achieve weekly and monthly KPIs as set by the business, escalating any issues impacting on these to line management and customers directly
- Ensure that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information to both internal and external customers as required e.g. debrief of drivers, dealing with customer issues when required
- To ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety requirements highlighting any concerns to key managers
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Experience within a production background is highly desired – we want you to have a basic understanding of what we do you will be familiar with its challenges and know what works well!
- We only have a small team on site so we need a team player, someone to roll their sleeves up and get involved when needed!
- A transport background is highly advantageous but for us, the customer service skills is more important, we can teach you the rest
- A strong organiser who can prioritise well and keep up with demand
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.