Transport Coordinator – United Kingdom
- You will cost effectively plan and dispatch routes to achieve contractual delivery times, conducting remedial planning to effectively manage live changes to the plan.
- You will review the cost effectiveness of routes through KPI analysis, taking remedial action where necessary
- You will ensure all administrative traffic duties are carried out as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- Liaise with line management to ensure the effective use of hire vehicles / sub-contractors minimising the cost impact to the business
- Ensure that details of vehicle accidents are escalated to line management
- Ensure that defected vehicles are recorded on traffic sheets
- Ensure that the procedure for damaged deliveries is followed where necessary
- Achieve weekly and monthly KPIs as set by the business and / or Customer Service Level Agreements, escalating any issues impacting on these to line management and customers directly
- Use all IT based systems in the effective delivery of their role including Paragon, Mi-Sharp etc.
- Ensures that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information to both internal and external customers as required e.g. debrief of drivers, dealing with customer issues etc.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required.
- Always display the highest standards of customer service.
- Previous experience within a transport / logistics organisation
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and react quickly to customer requirements
- Effective Customer Service Skills
- Good working knowledge of UK Geography.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ GBP