We are currently recruiting for a Transport Co-ordinator to work within our Road Logistics division who will responsible for the day to day planning and execution of the overland domestic collection and delivery operation. As part of your role as a Transport Co-ordinator you will be required to plan and execute work with the fleet as well as allocating work within the partner network
- Constant communication via face to face, telephone and through messaging devices with drivers and other internal colleagues
- Pre brief and de-brief drivers on their daily runs.
- Liaise with drivers on the road over collection and delivery issues.
- Record collection/delivery status and discrepancies in systems and escalate where appropriate.
- Move freight between runs to ensure failed collections are minimised.
- Allocate Collection and Delivery work to our Domestic Partners in accordance with their specific Service Level Agreements.
- Liaise with the Nottingham / Dagenham Warehouses and Trailer Operations when required.
- Respond to operational and financial KPI’s in order to drive efficiency in the Domestic Operation.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Experience of working in a busy transport operation and planning collection and delivery activities is advantageous
- Financial awareness
- A good level of IT literacy.
- Adaptable and able to think on your feet.
- Ability to work under pressure
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.