Position: Transport Controller
Salary: £24,500 + Company benefits
Shift Pattern: Any 5 from 7. Rotational
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Monitor the fleet servicing to make sure the depot complies with both DHL servicing requirements.
- Ensuring the defect log is updated accurately.
- To ensure compliance through the team to the customers report and process requirements i.e. the DCTS system is real time with all delivery, cost and performance information.
- To ensure our backhaul records match those of primary on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all relevant spreadsheets are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all paperwork loaded onto DCTS is done in an accurate manner and dispatched to the correct driver.
- Continually monitor and update the DCTS system ensuring trailer , driver and fleet information is up to date.
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:
- Previous experience working within a Transport environment is essential.
- Knowledge of transport/driving andregulations and hours.
- ExcellentPeople Management skills.
- Proven track record of planning and forecasting.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills.
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you’ll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, simple savings and financial education. You and your family can also access our mental health app on the go, free mortgage and Will advice as well as hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and access to discount off medical cash plans including cover for dental and eye care. All this and more is hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access to as a DHL Employee.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ GBP
- Job town/city ▵ Newtownabbey, Newton Abbey