Logistics done differently.
Are you currently working in a transport environment but feel like you are no longer being challenged? Or maybe you don’t, but you are keen to explore the industry, and are wondering where to start? Or maybe you are just looking for the next step in your career?
XPO are looking for a Transport Clerk for our Superdrug site in Avonmouth on a full-time, permanent basis. You will work on the PM shift, Monday – Thursday 13:30-22:00 and Friday 11:30-20:00.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £24,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Be the main point of contact for drivers and external calls during the day-time, so you’ll be expected where possible to be able to resolve issues at the first point of contact
- Day-to-day, you will monitor the operational activities to ensure our contractual obligations relating to KPIs are met and exceeded
- Help drive engagement through the teams at site by offering new ideas and implementing current best practice
- Provide a first-class service to our customer, you will work hand-in-hand to continuously improve the quality and speed of our service
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- You must be familiar with working in a fast-paced and quick turnaround environment
- Strong administration skills are important – you’ll be providing reports for both XPO and Superdrug
- You’ll be a quick thinker that isn’t always waiting for direction
- An attitude that screams how instead of why, this will accelerate your career growth with us
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.