We are currently recruiting for a Transport Co-ordinator to work within our Road Logistics team on a FTC until June 2021. You will be responsible for the day to day planning and execution of the domestic collection and delivery operation. As part of your role as a Transport Co-ordinator you will be required to plan and execute work with the fleet as well as allocating work within the partner network
- Constant communication via face to face, telephone and through messaging devices with drivers and other internal colleagues
- Pre brief and de-brief drivers on their daily runs.
- Liaise with drivers on the road over collection and delivery issues.
- Record collection/delivery status and discrepancies in systems and escalate where appropriate.
- Move freight between runs to ensure failed collections are minimised.
- Allocate Collection and Delivery work to our Domestic Partners in accordance with their specific Service Level Agreements.
- Liaise with the Nottingham / Dagenham Warehouses and Trailer Operations when required.
- Respond to operational and financial KPI’s in order to drive efficiency in the Domestic Operation.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Experience of working in a busy transport operation and planning collection and delivery activities is advantageous
- Financial awareness
- A good level of IT literacy.
- Adaptable and able to think on your feet.
- Ability to work under pressure
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.