Are you known for your management oversight skills? Are you passionate about customer support and driving results? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to manage fiscal and operational oversight of a station, driving quality service, customer satisfaction and operational proficiency, ensuring attainment of growth and profitability goals.
What are you going to do?
- Lead, direct and manage all station functions to ensure that all departments and station staff execute service agreements at, or above the customer’s standards.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communication and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
- Responsible for business development, sales and marketing and new account development to ensure that maximum transportation revenue is generated for the station.
- Provide managers with daily guidance, leadership and overall support on any issues relating to operations, communication, human resources, revenue enhancement, standardizing procedures, and systems applications and executing processes to meet customer needs.
- Develop and execute policies, plans and programs to meet anticipated organizational needs in the areas of functional responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines, ISO standards, Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory requirements.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated business development goals and objectives. Review and evaluate station P & L performance and establish short-term goals to address any budgetary shortfalls.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop continuous improvement methodology in key areas of service, profit and growth, and use key performance indicators to drive and quantify cost optimization while maintaining customer quality and service.
- Consult with and apprise senior management of important issues, operational concerns, personnel matters, capital expenditures, leases and all commitments obligating the company.
- Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure that the station facility provides a clean, professional and safe working environment for all employees.
- Direct and train management staff in sound human relations and operational skills.
- Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to all station personnel.
- Ensure safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of all staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training, and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department and address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies of the company.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking and participation in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as needed.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Experience driving revenue growth, retaining customers and managing profitability of multiple sites.
- In depth, experienced based knowledge of managing revenue, budgets, EBITDA, operations problem solving, customer service and managing people.
- In-depth knowledge of all products and services. Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department (purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses.)
- PC Literate. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, as well as web based specific software applications supporting the supply chain or transportation industry as well as financial applications.
- Capable of communicating and interacting effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds and ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Experienced in project management methodologies with focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals. Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Exceptional written and communication skills including the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers and employees.
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing high performance teams. Ability to allocate decision-making authority and/or task responsibilities to others to maximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in influencing departments and implementing and managing change.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive relationships.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions. Ability to analyze complex problems and develop alternative solutions.
- Explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties’ support and acceptance.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others’ efforts. Use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Read, analyse and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory or management experience.
- Valid state issued Driver’s License and Forklift Driver Certification.
- Other professional certifications may be required.
- Expertise in operations and business management.
- Experienced in providing leadership for multiple sites that are geographically dispersed, effectively delegating responsibility and authority to direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 4 years industry experience.
- Travel: Domestic travel is required at least 15% of the time for this position
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Tempe