The Team Leader is an Integral element of the operational functionality: leading the team, prioritising workload, decision making, knowing when to escalate and inform non-compliance, mitigate risk.
- Manage the day to day tasks, clearly setting priorities
- Assign resource to the daily workload and priorities
- Shop floor presence, with the ability to relocate employees as priorities change, a dynamic approach with clear direction
- Carry out assigned tasks including: picking, packing, conditioning service and repair, goods receipt, checking, loading & unloading of vehicles,
- Operate Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and carry out other assigned Computer based tasks as required
- Develop knowledge and skill base on relevant IT Systems
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvement projects and ideas
- Adhere to company standards as detailed in the Code of Conduct Policy
Your Skills and Experiences
- Experience of working to agreed targets
- PC literate
- MHE licence (where applicable)
- Understanding of the wider operational practices
- Ability to work at all levels, with clear communication skills
- Confident at presenting clear direction to the team
- Reliable and committed to leading the team
- Good Communication skills and overall behavioural conduct as detailed in line with KN Code of Conduct
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.