DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
Ocean Import Team Lead
DSV Air & Sea is in search of a dynamic and personable multi-tasker who is driven by their own success, as well as the success of their team and the Company as a whole. If you can deliver leadership, a high quality of customer service, and teamwork in an exciting and fast-paced environment, this may just be the perfect opportunity for you. The Team Lead works closely with clients and internal team members in this key role which is the crux of our business. At DSV, we are always in search of top talent.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Assist Supervisor in training ocean import staff on policies, procedures, regulations, etc.
- Manages and distributes shipments
- Meets company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, quality, leadership, and customer service
- Effectively schedule bookings for both hazardous and nonhazardous materials, simple and complex cargo shipments
- Ensure the complete and timely pick-up or delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients in order to satisfy their needs and completing paperwork that meets stringent requirements
- Process data through the Company’s system and obtain releases as well as other government agency releases and regulations as applicable
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility
- Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and DSV offices throughout the process.
- Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
- Ensure that import process is in compliance with company and industry quality assurance standards (ISO, Customs, etc.).
- In addition to basic math, be able to analyze numerical data, understand components and relationships, find patterns and draw conclusions
- Compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions utilizing your ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports and organize, prepare and assemble documents
- Comprehend the full range of freight forwarding services: order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
- Other duties related to the position / employment
- Three plus years of freight forwarding experience preferred
- Prior use of CargoWise One a plus
- Basic knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (FAA, FMC, EAR, Hazmat) and other government agency requirements.
- Three or more years of experience in a role involving extensive client contact
- Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Office products (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, etc.)
- Excellent math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
- Extreme attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
- Ability to be highly productive while keeping cool under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Humble