Are you known for providing exceptional service in supply chain operations? Are you passionate about supporting and sharing your knowledge with others? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to provide a leadership role and contribute to delivering superior supply chain services.
What are you going to do?
- Receives and reviews documents for accuracy, such as dates, times, location, counts and related information; applies a basic understanding of transportation and service operations.
- Enters operational/customer transportation data in software systems and applications, such as purchase order and shipping and logistics times, rates, dates, and details.
- Utilizes databases, logs, and other sources to locate and verify information; information is usually more routine and accessible.
- Reviews or prints and prepares forms, labels, billing, invoices and related documents to ensure timely awareness for processing.
- Tracks orders and information through systems, vendors and related sources, such as arrival, times, confirmation and similar details.
- Responds to internal and external customer questions, provides information and escalates needs as required; may provide basic quotes.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment.
What are we looking for?
- Education and Experience: High School graduate or GED required; Two years of specialized logistics or related operations support experience.
- Skills: Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications. Leverages databases and systems to review and verify logistics and transportation information. Capable of communication at all organizational levels internally and externally. Ability to track and trace complex and sensitive shipments or product.
- Characteristics: Ability to work on a team with diverse backgrounds and also as an independent contributor. Ability to identify and resolve potential operational delays. Ability to address and resolve expedited handling or service needs. Specialized knowledge of operational and support principles and practices in related supply chain environments.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Richmond