Serves as a lead to staff and performs the most specialized or complex support to areas of the supply chain or operations, which also includes working with supervisors to ensure staff are trained and overseeing operations for accuracy. Generally requires specialized knowledge of customers and carriers and providing the most complex internal or external customer service, quotes and tracking and tracking needs.
- Prioritizes and assigns work and provides work direction.
- Works with supervisors and trainers to ensure staff are trained, provides assistance and feedback and completes appropriate forms or documents when required.
- Assists with overseeing the processing of services and customer service commitments to reflect established company policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Identifies and completes services or assists others that require specialized or expedited handing.
- Addresses sensitive, escalated internal or external customer questions and concerns regarding shipments, billing, status, services, carriers, and other needs.
- Tracks orders and shipments and assists with tracing as needed; usually sensitive, domestic and may involve international operations.
- Runs, analyzes, and summarizes more complex operational reports and details; presents information to co-workers or supervisors are needed.
- Prepares information required for quotes or address potential services; provides more complex quotes.
- Communicates with internal and external customers, carriers and providers on a variety of issues, to include arranging service, invoice and billing, service delivery, problem resolution, and other operational needs; assists others on specialized to sensitive needs.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment; assists others with understanding operational items.
- Develops critical relationships with internal and external customers, assists with account management such as maintaining customer profiles, details and service needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree, or equivalent combination of work experience is preferred.
- Five years of specialized logistics or related operations support experience.
- Serving as a lead to staff which includes prioritizing and assigning work.
- Assisting supervisors to ensure efficient and accurate operations.
- Developing relationships with key customers and internal operations.
- Providing communication required to ensure transparent and efficient operations.
- Addressing and resolving expedited handing or service needs.
- Specialized operational and support principles and practices in related supply chain environments.
- Identifying and resolving potential operational delays.
- Applying and following policies and procedures; assisting others to do the same.
- Leveraging databases and systems to review and verify logistics and transportation information.
- Tracking and tracing complex and sensitive shipments or product.
- Preparing complex quotes, service details, and
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications.