Are you known for exceptional operational support in the supply chain environment? Are you passionate about coordinating efficient, reliable transportation with various carriers? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to provide an essential role and contribute to delivering superior supply chain services.
What are you going to do?
- Develop critical relationships with internal or external customers, assist with account management such as maintaining customer profiles, details and service needs. Address complex or escalated internal or external customer questions and concerns regarding shipments, billing, status, services, carriers, and other needs.
- Manage document accuracy; requires complex knowledge of customers, carriers, and procedures. Oversee services that require special or expedited handing. Track orders and shipments and assist with tracing as needed; usually more complex, domestic and may involve international operations.
- Process operational data in software systems and applications, identify missing or potential operational or service concerns, and resolve with the appropriate groups. Utilize databases, logs, and other sources to locate and verify information; information is usually complex.
- Run, analyze and summarize operational reports and details; present information to co-workers or supervisors are needed.
- Interface with airlines, shipping, truck and related carriers to understand requirements, track shipments or details; operations are typically complex in nature.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and maintain a safe and effective work environment; assist others with understanding operational items.
- Create and process invoices, review for operational accuracy, work with customers on questions and payment; assist others as needed.
What are we looking for?
- Education and Experience: High School graduate or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent combination of work experience, preferred. Two years of specialized logistics or related operations support experience.
- Skills: Basic to Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications. Utilizes databases and systems to review and verify logistics and transportation information. Ability to prepare operational reports, queries, and service information, as well as quotes and service details. Ability to track and trace basic shipments or product, typically domestic and more complex.
- Characteristics: Capable of working with providers, carriers and services in a transportation/logistics environment. Able to identify operational delays and communicate and work to resolve potential concerns or delays. Operates in a fast pace and changing environment and in both a team and individual contributor environment. Capable of communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
What do we have to offer?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Des Plaines