- Receives and processes various documents for accuracy, which requires operational knowledge of customers, carriers, and procedures.
- Enters various operational/customer data in software systems and applications, works to identify missing or potential operational or service concerns, and communicates with appropriate groups as necessary to resolve.
- Utilizes databases, logs, and other sources to locate and verify information; information is usually operational in nature, standard to complex.
- Addresses various internal and external customer questions and concerns regarding shipments, billing, status, services, carriers, and other needs; forwards complex or escalated customer needs as appropriate.
- Tracks orders and shipments and assists with tracing as needed; usually more standard, regional or domestic operations.
- Assists with running and summarizing operational reports and details; presents information to co-workers or supervisors are needed.
- Interfaces with airlines, shipping, truck and related carriers to understand requirements, track shipments or details; operations are typically standard to complex.
- Assists with preparing information required for quotes or address potential services; may provide more standard to complex quotes.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment; assists others with understanding operational items.
- Develops working relationships with internal and external customers, assists with account management such as maintaining customer profiles, details and service needs.
- Creates and processes invoices, reviews for operational accuracy, and works with customers on questions and payment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two years of office experience in a logistics/transportation environment.
- Applying operational and support principles and practices in related supply chain environment.
- Understanding and following policies and procedures.
- Utilizing databases and systems to review and verify documentation and information.
- Relaying communications between groups.
- Preparing and handing off information and processes.
- Tracking and tracing basic shipments or product.
- Understanding of providers, carriers and services in related supply chain environments.
- Communicating potential concerns or delays.
- Operating in a fast pace and changing environment.
- Operating in both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Preparing basic reports, queries, and operational information.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications.