Provides more complex professional logistics and related supply chain operations, develops various reports and presentations on results or improvements, and ensures communication is provided with internal and external customers. Performs activities that involves complex related supply chain principles, reviewing and analyzing data and results and presenting various improvements, and working to ensure efficient results, compliance, and communication with internal and external customers.
- Provides more complex daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements for performance, compliance, and invoicing; develops and analyses information when required.
- Performs a variety of calculations, analyses and audits of financial and operational results; typically involves complex professional related supply chain principles.
- Reviews complex operational or transportation details to identify potential areas for improvement, savings or efficiency; also presents outside the box solutions.
- Ensures the accuracy of complex database
- Develops proposals or presentations for internal or external customers or management on operations, proposed solutions or related areas.
- Develops complex metrics and goals for programs, presents information to internal or external customers or leaders, and prepares templates or details to ensure operations are meeting expectations.
- Reviews operational claims, failures or damages, performs root cause and other reviews to determine responsible parties, and presents to leaders or customers; situations are often more complex.
- Ensures processes and operations complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations; seeks advice and interpretation when required and applies within complex.
- Monitors complex operations, identifies potential programs, and is proactive in resolution.
- Ensures timely communication is provided to customers, carriers and related parties on the status of operations, works to resolve potential service or operational issues, and informs leaders as required.
- Assists with reviewing and responding to complex customer requests which includes applying transportation principles, drafting responses and outlines, and other professional support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Operations or Supply Chain Management or equivalent education and experience.
- Master’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- Typically at least two years of experience required.
- Applying fundamental professional principles and practices related transportation and logistics.
- More complex professional principles and practices related transportation and logistics.
- Utilizing systems and databases for transportation and logistics management.
- Ensuring the accuracy of complex databases through auditing, reviews, and analysis.
- Understanding of applicable laws, rules and regulations with the ability apply within area of assignment.
- Developing complex analytics, reports and communications within transportation and logistics.
- Determining metrics and measurements for transportation and logistics programs.
- Reviewing operational claims, failures or damages, performs root cause and other reviews to determine responsibility and corrective action.
- Communicating complex transportation and logistics information.
- Operating in a both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Identifying and communicating potential operational or analytical concerns and assisting with change management.
- Developing transportation and logistics reports and presentations.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Professional certification may be required in some areas.
- Travel is typically not required.