The Logistics Intern is responsible for supporting the operational execution and management of transportation for Yusen’s Supply Chain Solutions customers. The team this role will support includes Logistics Operations, Account Management, Carrier Management, and Reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Track shipments via phone, email, websites to ensure on time pick up and delivery
- Proactively manage delays and exceptions and escalate as needed
- Timely and accurate review loads for customer invoicing requirements and complete loads
- Update customer orders/loads via phone, email or other media such as on-line portals
- Run system reports and work with excel
- Participate in Kaizen projects
- Gain knowledge of transportation planning and routing processes
- Understand the US/CA/MX carrier base landscape
- Additional duties as assigned by the management team
- Multi Task between accounts while keeping a high accuracy rate.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in multiple system platforms
- Proactively seek new ideas for continuous improvement
Education & Experience
- Active degree-seeking students who are enrolled in a relevant degree program (Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, etc.) and within 12-24 months of graduation preferred.
- Maximum 30 hours per week.
- Hours flexible.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Jacksonville